Protecting The Rights Of Hawaii’s Employees
You work hard at your job, and despite all your hard work, your employer still takes actions that infringe upon your rights as an employee. When this happens, it can feel like there’s nothing you can do to recuperate from this injustice. I am here to tell you that you can protect your employee rights, and I can help.
I am attorney Rod Bridgers. For more than 40 years, I have been helping individual employees in Hawaii protect their rights across various employment and labor law matters. Over the course of my career, I have secured more than $1 billion in verdicts and judgments for my clients facing contentious employment matters.
Choose Experienced Representation To Defend You
In the decades that I have been fighting to protect employee rights, I have encountered all types of employee rights violations, including:
- Workplace discrimination: Discrimination can take place in many forms, up to but not limited to, gender, race, nationality, sexual orientation, and disability.
- Whistleblower rights: The law protects whistleblowing employees from retaliation and any adverse actions against them related to their reporting.
- Retaliation: Employees often face retaliation from their employers for whistleblowing, reporting acts such as harassment or discrimination and more.
- Wage and hour violations: Unpaid breaks and overtime wages, as well as misclassifying employees/contractors, often comprise these employment disputes.
- Meal break disputes: Employees have a legal right to the meal and regular breaks.
- Sexual harassment: Unwanted advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical acts of a sexual nature are common forms of sexual harassment.
- Hostile work environments: Factors such as discrimination, harassment and more often contribute to hostile work environments.
- Wrongful termination: These instances are commonly a result of things like discrimination or harassment, but these are not the only causes.
I know what it takes to identify and establish that your rights have been violated. I work closely with my clients to make sure that I understand every unique detail of each of their individual legal matters to provide them with zealous representation. They can rely on my experienced legal advice and my commitment and dedication to their interests to feel at ease as they navigate their dispute.
Now Is The Time To Act
Employers hope that you do not pursue legal action after your rights have been violated. When employees do not stand up for themselves, employers can continue to get away with their actions and continue to allow other employees to violate employee rights.
No matter what your background or employment industry is, I am ready to help you. Partner with the employment lawyer that Hawaii goes to for help. You can schedule your initial consultation by calling 808-796-5650 or emailing me here.